Concrete pad-mounted equipment, like utility junction boxes, traffic signal control cabinets, or HVAC units, can and does often shift or sink over time after initial installation. Maybe it was not properly installed, or weather conditions have caused the soil underneath the concrete pad to erode away or deteriorate. Either way, replacing these concrete pads is not only expensive, but also time-consuming and results in potential knock-on effects such as traffic congestion or uncomfortable conditions.
Padcrete™ from BMK is an expanding, rigid urethane foam system that allows contractors and workers to repair, rather than replace, concrete pads for multiple applications. If your pad is uneven, but otherwise structurally sound, Padcrete™ allows you to make it as good as new for a fraction of the cost of constructing a new pad, and with much less labor.
Seven Steps To Level and Secure Concrete Pads
Padcrete™ comes in a small, easy-to-carry kit and levels pads using a simple, seven-step process:
- Secure an alligator jack underneath the pad. If needed, dig a slot underneath the pad to properly place the jack.
- Jack up the pad until it is level.
- Fill dirt in and around the uneven jaws and levels of the jack. This ensures that Padcrete™ foam will not seep out and surround the jack.
- Use the butt end of a standard hammer to make access holes on either side of the elevated end of the pad.
- Mix Padcrete™ by pouring the contents of the bottle marked "A" into the jug marked "B". Shake vigorously with the cap end of the jug pointed away from you. Always wear chemical-resistant gloves (included) while mixing Padcrete™, as well as protective eyewear.
- Pour the Padcrete™ mixture into the access holes, which should then be plugged with dirt.
- Wait 15 minutes for Padcrete™ to expand and become rigid. Afterward, remove the jack.
Easy To Use, Easy To Maintain
Padcrete™'s urethane foam solution can expand up to 15 times its original volume and creates a base strong enough to support thousands of pounds per square foot. It also withstands water and soil erosion and works in all soil or ground types. One Padcrete™ kit yields roughly one cubic foot of material.
Best of all, Padcrete™ does not require additional maintenance or follow-up work once installed. Laboratory tests and field experience has proven that BMK foam products last for years with minimal maintenance required. Padcrete™ is also a green product: it does not contribute to ozone depletion or global warming and emits harmless carbon dioxide when mixed.
To find a Padcrete™ distributor near year, or learn more about BMK's complete line of foam stabilization products, give us a call at 888-290-7807
, or contact us online.